- You must be registered for Twilight Camp to create videos.
- You must submit your media release and your videos through the link at the bottom of this page.
- Please submit your topics before you create your video. Once you have your idea or you change your idea, please click here to let us know what you are doing.
We are inviting girls in grades 7 – 12 to create short videos for our attendees. This is your “Free Time” station at Twilight Camp. (“Free Time” is the station at camp where Unit Aides are entirely in charge of planning and implementing program.) Videos topics can include:
- Show how to make a fun craft girls could do at home.
- Demonstrate how to play a fun game.
- Share a favorite Twilight Camp or Girl Scout memory that Daisys, Brownies, and/or Juniors would enjoy.
- Demonstrate/share a badge activity you enjoyed when you were younger in Girl Scouts.
- Share or demonstrate what you did for your Bronze or Silver Award.
Guidelines for Videos
- Camera should be steady so the video does not look like we are having an earthquake.
- If you are using your phone to record, hold it horizontally/in landscape so the video has a wide frame.
- Practice before you shoot! Both your verbal script and where the camera should be pointed to when.
- Check your lighting! Try not to shoot with the light behind you (back lighting.) Make sure your materials are well lit.
- Do a test recording to make sure your microphone can hear what you are saying clearly.
- Listen to your video location to make sure it is quiet.
- Check your background! Make sure it isn’t visually cluttered. The viewer should be more interested in you and not what is sitting on the table behind you.
- Wear an old Twilight Camp t-shirt or a Girl Scout shirt please.
- No longer than 2 minutes.
- Do not say your whole name. Ideally, use your camp name or just your first name.
- Do not video in a location that shows your home’s address.
- Must be submitted no later than Sunday, July 5 at 5:55pm
Media Release Required by GSOC
Everyone appearing in a video MUST have a signed Media Release form submitted with their video(s). If you are less than 18, your parent needs to download, fill it out, sign and then upload it when you submit your video. No media release = we can’t use the video for Twilight Camp. It’s a GSOC rule we have to follow. The forms have fields that can be typed in using Adobe Acrobat. If you have family members or friends helping you, they too must send in a Media Release form. If we can see or hear them, they need a form.
Submitting Your Video
Click here to submit your video and any related instructions or supply lists. You must have a gmail account to upload videos.